Wednesday, February 26, 2014

friends, business cards, and pot holes

Friends

One of my best friends and I went out for dinner tonight. We ate at a local little hole in the wall that has the best breakfasts around and you can order breakfast all day long. 

Shhhh, but their breakfasts are better than the local Amish restaurants are in the area! 

Our waitress was one of our friends from years gone by when we were all with the Amish youth and running around in the same circles. It was nice that the restaurant wasn't too awful busy and we got to visit with her while we ate. It is so fun to get reacquainted with people from your past. 

We have plans to get together real soon to really sit down and visit to our heart's content. 


Business Cards

I am trying to come up with "business cards" to give out to folks for my website. So often when I'm out and about and in conversation I like to "add" that I am a blogger and so folks ask about my blog and then I see them squint their eyes and make a mental note of the whole "looking in my rear view mirror" website, and state that it "seems easy enough to remember", but I never know if they really can remember it. So, I want to be able to hand folks a card and say, "Here, you can just take this, it is all on there." After dinner tonight, my friend and I stopped at my parent's house so that I could come up with something on mom's computer, which I did, but then for some really odd reason, the printer wouldn't print. HA! Mom is going to try and work on it tomorrow and see if she can come up with something for me.

Yep, you read correctly...my mom who is in her 70's and she is New Order Amish, is going to figure out why my document wouldn't print! She owns a computer and printer and does work for folks with them. She makes family and church calendars and at the moment is typing up a genealogy book. 

Pot Holes

That I would even make them a "topic" on this post tells you a lot. There are so many pot holes this year. Has anyone else noticed, or is it just me? 

I have had to apologize to my car several times for steering her right into a deep hole. I shudder to think the damage I could have done to her the other day when I hit a big one. Also hit a big one tonight, was going too fast too. UGH! 

Summer

I vaguely remember such a season. 

Bedtime

Ever been bone weary and when you lay down on your bed the tension in your body just oozes out of your pores and you relax and smile and breathe a "thank you for this wonderful bed" to God, close your eyes and the next thing you know it is morning? 

I'm getting ready for that moment right now. 


Good night and sleep tight my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment