Sunday, June 8, 2014

Amish Country Pictures

Pictures of my Amish Country I live in.

It is so beautiful around here right now. 



The valley just out of Walnut Creek, Oh. That is State Route 515 winding through the valley. 


A different shot of the same valley. 


Vogt's General Store. If you are looking for something quaint, eclectic or something to re-purpose, this might just be a stop for you. You can find it nestled in the curves of Trail, Oh. 


Here are a few of their items for sale on the outside of the store. 


I noticed this lady was getting the hay ready to be baled. She was lifting up rolls of the hay as I passed by her, I assume she was testing it to see if it was ready to bale yet. In the background you will see my cousin's home. We used to live there a long time ago. 


A close up of our former home. 


Farms and properties dotting the countryside. 


I was trying to capture some vultures flying around me overhead. I was not able to capture their picture, however, in the process of trying - I got this white streak depending on how I was turning my camera. I liked it so I'm sharing with you. 


Do you see a little bit of a roof hidden away in among the trees? 


I have a thing about fire hydrants out in the middle of nowhere. 


I love this old barn. The whole farm is awesome to look at really. 


The barn a bit more up close. 


A field in the middle of the woods and weeds.


I love driveways. 


An old barn by the side of the road. 


Don't you just want to walk through these trees in the middle of a hot summer day. I bet it stays quite cool here. 


I love this tree, a little bit crooked, but bringing character to the woods that surrounds it.  


Some pretty ladies waiting by the gate. I think they wanted to go "in" rather than stand out in the hot summer sun. 


I see this horse a lot as I drive by its place a lot. 


The horse also has a big blue ball in the pasture to play with. The horse's neighbors are our friends and from what I understand the horse plays with the ball at times. I want to see that! 


A field of mustard. I know the farmers don't like it..but I do love the color. 

At least I think it is mustard. I could be wrong. I don't know my plants very well. 


Aren't these kind of cool? 


Farmer working his field. 


Fences and horses and green pastures.


These two were curious about me. The one kept barking at me. 


Amish buggy horses taking some time off. 


I came across a swamp land. 



That is it for tonight. I have quite a few more pictures to share with you....but will have to be another time.






8 comments:

  1. Thank for sharing all these great phoyo's. I love seeing all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures!!! Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv, luv, luv your pics, Lue, and your narrations for them. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember kind of when you lived there in winesburg :) . Enjoyed your pics

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed all these beautiful pictures of Walnut Creek, Ohio! I would love to visit this place one day! Every thing is so green! Thank you for sharing Sue! Always love your pictures and blogs!

    ReplyDelete