Thursday, November 21, 2013

some of my favorite things

When it feels like things aren't going so well, what do you do? Complain? Sigh a lot? Cry? Pout? Withdraw? I do some of these better than others, especially the withdraw part. I always say, "I'm no bulldozer and I'm not going to bulldoze my way into anything." So, when I feel rejected or let down, I usually withdraw first and ask questions later, or never. I'm not perfect and I will never pretend to be. Just feeling honest tonight.
I find myself going into a funk at times and today was just one of those days. I've not been feeling up to par of late. Allergies have been kicking my butt and I tire of it and I know I shouldn't and on and on...so, it got me to thinking tonight. Why focus on things that won't change or get much better, and focus on things that you feel blessed about?
Yeah, why not?
So, I am here to tell you of a few things that have helped me along life's highway of late.
counting some of my favorite things
 1.




This field of sheep.

I see them almost every day going to work and the mornings they aren't there, well, I sort of feel let down.

I was early leaving for work one morning this week so I stopped and shot a few pictures and then later in the afternoon I took quite a few more of my field of sheep. I've only selected a few to show you.

There is one black sheep in the herd.

And a couple of brownish/tannish colored sheep.

The others are so white and beautiful.

In total, I would say there are more than 100 sheep in this herd, you are only seeing a smidge of what I get to experience in real life.

For those of you who've never experienced Amish Country, I wish I could bring you here and show you what I see on a daily basis.


2.


Music

I found this piece the other night, listening to I Heart Radio/Smooth Jazz.

This is not a new piece, but it is new for me, in the sense that I only just really listened to it for the first time the other night...really listened to it. Fershtay?

I love music, I would probably reek of it if music had a scent.

For some reason, the YouTube clip of this piece of music has no video, but the music is there and so I hope you go over there, and take five and half minutes out of your day or evening, close your eyes,  and listen to this slice of music heaven.

Please!


3.

My one friend.

I can text her anytime of the day or night and just how I text "hello" she knows what mood I'm in and she comes back at me with something that completely makes "it" better, more funny, or profound.

Know what I mean?

I hope you have such a friend in your life.

Friends.

Are.

The.

Best.

Thing.

EVER!


4.  

 Words.

Some very life-affirming words were spoken to me recently by two folks.

One very wise man spoke II Corinthians 1: 3-7 into my life. He understands me.

Do you know how good it feels to be understood?

Yeah, it feels so good.

The second came from a lady friend, not close friend, but she also knows me deeper than a lot of folks do who are around me daily.

What a gift, to have words of affirmation spoken in such a way that you feel like doing life differently!


My list is not exhaustive, but as I reread what I just wrote, I can see God's handiwork in my life with just these few things. Who cares about funky things anyway? If we dwell on the things that bring us down, we will never really, truly live, correct?



The moon was so beautiful last night. This is my attempt at shooting a picture of it. I love the red circle surrounding the big yellow ball of cheese. Remember when you were a kid and thought the moon was Swiss cheese?

I do!

I pray your evening and day are minus the funk and I pray that you find ways to enjoy your favorite things along life's highway.

I would love to hear back from some of you describing your favorite things, either here or over on the Facebook page.

Toodles,

Lue 


No comments:

Post a Comment