Saturday, November 23, 2013

Happy Saturday!


One of my coworkers always starts his phone conversations, or when he enters the room with a very hearty
HAPPY SATURDAY!
(whatever day of the week it is, he inserts that day behind his happy)
He never fails to put a smile on my face when I hear that. So, I hope you are smiling at the thought of having a
HAPPY SATURDAY!
 Saturday's are one of my favorite days of the week. I usually get a lot done on my Saturday's. And I am anticipating a very busy day today.
Tomorrow night we are having the first of two Thanksgiving dinners at our little cottage up on the hill. My side of the family is getting together. If I counted correctly, there are 16 of us. Not only are we celebrating Thanksgiving, but we are bidding my nephew goodbye and giving him our blessings as he will be traveling out of the country for six months on a missions trip. God has been preparing him for the last year or so and you can tell he is ready to go and do the work. I always think of Acts 1:8 when I think of his journey.
 
This morning one of my Amish friends is stopping by and I will help her search and print, print outs on carbs and calories. She is pre-diabetic and needs help with that. After she leaves I need to go stock my pantry and fridge with staples for two Thanksgiving meals we are hosting at our home. One this weekend, and one on Thanksgiving Day. Thankfully, folks are helping me out in the food department and I don't have to prepare everything.
There is a possibility that another of my Amish friends is going shopping with me. I have a feeling we may hit a used book store if she does. We are both a little bit addicted to used books, she goes for old comic books and has certain series of books she collects, I go straight to the cook book section and I browse and purchase one or two every time. I try not to pay over $8 for a cook book and I have some expensive cookbooks in my little collection, but for a fraction of the price.
I feel like I just wrote an article for the local paper, The Budget. Amish and Mennonites from all over the country and abroad write a "piece" for The Budget. It is their "news" of the week. I believe most of the Amish folks I know read every last syllable in that paper. I know some of them pop popcorn in the evening on the day The Budget arrives and it is an event in their home, they eat popcorn, and take turns reading the various sections The Budget comes in. :)
 
HAPPY SATURDAY!
Lue


No comments:

Post a Comment