Sunday, November 17, 2013

amish country and beyond, my week in pictures.

This past week I got to steal away several times to capture pictures of Amish Country and surrounding areas. I hope you enjoy as much as I did shooting them. (I got some muddy shoes in the process, but I came home and saw I had a few I was totally in love with and had some keepers.)



When I shot this photo it conjured up feelings of a murder mystery movie. Doesn't it look spooky in  a sense?


Rolling clouds, another shot at the "murder mystery movie location".


I was shooting the clouds that night, they were so big and stormy and I got this horse and wagon in the picture.


Love this scene, looking at the farm through the weeds.


Another shot, a little further away.


I always try to take several shots of a scene I really like and when I came home, I noticed the horse in this picture. I loved it. Almost looks ghostly.


I was traveling along some secluded highway and there were hundreds of blackbirds  flying around. I stopped my car, put the four-ways on and snapped away. With my window down I could hear them and they were tremendously noisy.

Very Cold Mountain...if you've watched the movie, you will understand.


A shot of the trees and how tangled they looked.


My very most favorite shot. How "Little House on the Prairie" is this? I can't even tell you what it did to me when I saw this little home. Well, I can, When I crawled back in my car, my car was still in "drive". I got hot all over when I noticed and I paused right there and thanked God for protecting me and my car! I'm blessed to drive a very patient car! and I learned a big lesson, if the car doors aren't unlocked, and I have to unlock the doors before exiting, then your car isn't in park!


The front door of the little home. I like.


I met some more animals I had to shoot, this is where I got my muddy shoes.


It was so quiet and serene down here in the valley.


When I saw how this one turned out, it felt more like a painting to me.


The farm for the animals. It has certainly seen its better days, but the animals don't know. They are blissfully happy and content. I really liked this shot, the pickup, the house high up on the hill. I really pulled the house into the picture, it was sitting up and away from everything.


Pretty pony.


This horse seemed to like that I was there. I liked his unique marking on his nostril.


An Amish home having a public auction. I parked up in a field and shot some photos, I didn't want to get too close because the Amish really don't like to be photographed.


More auction scenes.


Horse and buggies parked in a field with trees surrounding the pasture they are parked in.


More buggy parking at the auction.


How beautiful this is in real life.


My favorite shot of the two ponds.



I liked this barn, it looks old and comfortable.


A "winterized" tree against a very blue sky.


A windmill against the same very blue sky.


This driveway was fun to shoot. This is my favorite shot.


It was so windy.

Love the various shades of green dancing in the wind together.


This fellow was selling birdhouses. His very patient horse is watching the traffic and resting for the long trek home.


Beside birdhouse man were these two little girls and they were "helping" their mother, who was sitting in the buggy, sell baskets.


I imagine grandpa walks with a stick, why else would two little ones walk around with sticks as they did?


Mother's baskets.


Birdhouse man is making a sale, I shot him up close and personal. I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself. He had a certain jolly "character" which drew me in. I like.


The two scenes finally come together, basket lady's babies are watching birdhouse man make a sale. So CUTE!


Lastly, I didn't shoot this sunrise, unfortunately, I didn't even witness it, but my coworker, Bob, shot it and sent it to me. He knows I like this kind of stuff. Can't you just see God's paintbrush all over this one?

I hope you enjoyed my pictures as much as I enjoyed shooting them.

Blessings!

Lue


4 comments:

  1. very good, does Susie Roman know you where spotting him out by Guggisburg?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi, I had no idea who that fellow was. The name is familiar, I have a feeling my husband knows him. He looks like such a jolly old fella, I just had to shoot him up close and personal. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Luella! (This is Ashley Wengerd). I really enjoyed your pictures, especially the last one. So pretty!

    I agree with you on the first few pictures; they do remind me of a murder mystery scene. And the photo of the pine branch (where you said you enjoyed the various shades of green dancing in the wind) kinda reminds me of a painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, I agree, the shades of green do look a little like a painting, I thought so also. I'm glad you approve. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. :)

      Delete