Thursday, November 14, 2013

of coloring books, "ga ga", and the whims of a little boy

 My grandmother "hat" is the one I wear tallest and feel most blessed wearing. That God would ever see fit to insert such a bundle of delight into my life renders me without words at times. Each time I'm with Little Guy, I feel more love, more blessing, more joy than the time before. He has been such a gift in my life and I could only hope he would be able to feel how much I love him.

My love for him is.

INTENSE!

This summer, we baked a couple batches of cookies and bars and several homemade pizzas. I always set a chair up by the counter so he can help. His mother reports that when she is working in the kitchen and he is helping her he looks at her and says, "grandma?".

He knows me.

I treasure that.


He had a blast picking out the chocolate chips before we ever got the bars in the oven.


Earlier this year we had gotten together with my family and Little Guy always poses for pictures by holding both of his little hands to his face. Everyone in the background was posing as well. :) He brings us a lot of entertainment.

Can you tell?



We recently introduced Little Guy to a coloring book and crayons. He loves Curious George, whom he has dubbed, "Ga Ga". The coloring book is one of my finds when I visited a local Goodwill Store. I paid one dollar and believe to this date it is the best dollar I've ever spent.


I placed his big, fat crayons in a mug so they would be within his reach without rolling all over. The "chair" he is using is actually a "shaker style" step stool that my handy brother made for me years back. It is the just the right size for Little Guy right now, it is large enough to be a table if he sits in it backwards, like you see. I think someone should make these to sell. Grandparents would love them! I know I do. This one was caught up in a room/rooms we were painting and it got all splattered with paint which totally annoys me now, but all I can do now is sand it down and repaint it, but in the meanwhile, Little Guy doesn't mind the splatters and is having a good time using it.


Coloring his first masterpiece. So intent on what he is doing.


Love the hand holding the crayon.


Like I said, I just love his little hands, all pudgy and soft and busy.


Look at those eyelashes.

And.

Hands!


You couldn't distract him if you had to.


So happy with his masterpiece!


More cheers! And little hands in the air.


Crayons.


Selecting a new crayon.




He found a new way to use the crayons.


One, two, buckle my shoe.


Three, four, shut the door.


Five, six,


pick up sticks.


Tossed to the side and off to bigger and better things.


Watching Ga Ga


in various



positions.


Potato Chips? They are a vegetable, right?

(He was eating a ton of them this night.)




 Little Guy has brought so much joy, so much love, so much fun into my life. My prayer is that he would grow up feeling loved and cherished by his grandpa and I.

Always.

Lue

No comments:

Post a Comment