Thursday, May 1, 2014

camera leftovers


I am looking forward to Saturday afternoon because I am going on another adventure and will document it as I go and hope to take a bunch of pictures to show my readers. Thinking about what is ahead and knowing how much space my card still holds in my camera I thought I should clean out some of the pictures that I don't want. While browsing my camera tonight I thought I should share a post of some of the pictures that I haven't shared with you before. As always I will be commenting about each picture. 


I observed this older Amish gentleman roadside selling homemade birdhouses. I liked him. He seems jolly and friendly. If I see him again this summer I will probably stop and chat with him a bit. 


My eye notices all kinds of things as I'm out and about. One thing I really notice are the run down out buildings scattered about in all kinds of places. I loved this little outbuilding. I think it must be a shelter for pigs or some smaller animal. I like the setting, the very large tree and fence providing a sort of cozy space for the animals. 


I pass this little store, "the book shanty" nearly every day. It always looks "closed", but it interests me. It has character and I can imagine a little old Amish lady inside on a rocking chair ready to take a small child on her lap and read the child a story. I'm sure this is not so, but I can always imagine, can't I? 


I never tire of coming home. Last Fall, this was a  scene I witnessed a lot when I was driving up our driveway. The neighbor's horses grazing, the clouds billowing over our barn and the night light already burning because the evenings were so dark so soon. 


I couldn't tell you when I took this one, but it had to be last fall. Tonight I noticed the clouds off in the distance by the young filly's legs. It looks like the clouds have turned into a line of mist across the picture. The filly looks pensive. 


Two things I notice in this picture. Ace, my black and white cat is very intently poised to pounce on some unsuspecting "breakfast". I remember I took this in the morning. The other thing I noticed was the color scheme, the contrast of the black and white cat and the tans-almost-orange hues all over the picture. 


Black and white. 

Blacksheep of the herd? There is only one in this herd from what I've been able to tell. I watch herds of sheep whenever I can. I love sheep. Mr. Wonderful and I used to raise lambs.

I miss those days. 


A field dotted with sheep. I could stand here all morning and watch them. 


Wouldn't it be awesome to grab a blanket, a pillow and a book and head for this nook on a hot summer day? 


I love standing outside after dark and look up into the sky and observe the moon. He is so intense. 

I tried to take his picture. 

This is the result. 


One of my most favorite pictures I've ever taken. I love the clouds, the corn, the shed, the tree. I love them all individually, but collectively they help me imagine all kinds of stories. I imagine a murder may have happened in that shed and the corn is hiding all kinds of secrets. The clouds are setting the mood and tone for the scene in a movie drama. Or I imagine a child sneaks away to this little hideaway and it becomes his/her shelter and protection from an abusive father. The secrets the corn holds for that child will never be told. The clouds hold back the storm for as long as they can so as not to frighten the young one who is raw and hurt. 

For me, this place holds many a story to be told. 


My brother is playing with my grandson. My sister in law is watching them. 

I love this picture. 

I love that my brother pays attention to his great nephew and I have a picture of the moment. 


Mr. Wonderful and Little Guy have all kinds of things they do together. Watching television upside down is one of them. 

I love them so much!


I had to grin out loud when I saw this one stored away in my camera. Mr. Wonderful had blown snow and had made a path to the barn. Of course, the cats found the path and were walking on it rather than get their feet snowy. It is definitely a winter's night, this night. 


I love this one. It is a picture of our church. Our class was getting together this night for a Christmas gathering and I took this picture as we arrived. Doesn't it look so cozy and homey? 


Mr. Wonderful reading the Christmas story to Little Guy before we unwrap our gifts. This is now a family tradition at our house. 


Loved the expression on his face. 


Mom, dad, uncle and aunt all helping to assemble of "Little Guy's" gifts.


Betsy and Allen. Our new friends. She was on the Breaking Amish LA season, if any of you watched the show you might recognize her. They spent part of Christmas with us. I want to go tour his business this summer, he has houses and houses of hens that lay eggs and he sells the eggs. Wouldn't that be interesting to see how that all works? I think so. 


Sitting pretty in my sister in law's bird feeder.

You can read about my adventures on her farm here and here


You will meet this little one on the links I shared above. 


Corn in a crib. 


A larger shot of the corn in the crib. I liked the straight lines of the wood and ladder contrasting with the oblong orange ears of field corn. 


A very rustic birdhouse in a very rustic setting.


Alley Cat on Mr. Wonderful's pickup. He looks so nosy! 


Mr Photogenic sitting on/in a shrub! He is so pretty in this picture. I love his little nose and ears. 

So cute! 

I'm only about a third of the way through my camera, so maybe I will put up more show and tell pictures as I get time. I hope you enjoyed them. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved these pictures, and hope you do have time to post more!

    ReplyDelete