Monday, April 21, 2014

not a cat in the hat, but a cat on a chimney


A few days ago I happened to look out our french door and I saw Alley Cat sitting on top of the little fireplace chimney we have on the patio. I quickly grabbed my camera and starting shooting pictures and then put the camera down and yesterday happened to come across those pictures and I laughed out loud at a few of the poses. 

I don't know what he was thinking, but I think the moment must have been similar to when you find yourself in front of a mirror and you pause and make a face at yourself, and then try it in a different way. Do not deny that you have never made funny faces in the mirror, we all have.

Here are some of Alley Cat's various positions on top of the chimney and what he might have been thinking.. 


"And then I said to myself, self, you could probably crawl up on that thing and hang out, I bet you could even see more from that vantage point. I crawled up there and I was right, the view from up here is phenomenal!"

"You could look straight into the house, I don't even have to move a muscle from this position to do that."  


"If I turn my head ever so slightly I can check out what is going on over by the barn. This proves to be right handy because my sister and my aunt like to sneak up on me and now, well, they can't because I see them first." 


"Hmmm, wonder what is inside this chimney."


"Hey, I think I might smell a mouse!" 


"Nah, not a mouse, but, hmm, this thing tastes good." 


"Wait a minute, are you watching me? Taking my picture?" 


"You know, if she is in there taking my picture, I'm just gonna ignore her, she might get the hint and meooove on." 


"Okay, so you are going stand there and take pictures, let me sing you a song, "Three blind mice, Three blind mice, see how they run..." 


"schnarf, that spot is itchy again."


"This really is a good spot to sit. So much to see." 


"Hickory dickory dock...the mouse ran up the clock...." 


"Oh, time to do my neck exercises and it works just fine up here on the chimney, you can see and do so much from this perch." 


"Kinda wondering if I could curl up on this chimney and not fall into the hole. Nah, don't think so."


"Is that milk down there in that dish, yum, that sounds so good!"


"Is this pose good? You did say to look away from the camera, right?" 



"I think I'm gonna make a leap for it." 


"See ya bye!" 

2 comments:

  1. Adorable, Lue!!!! He seems like a happy and fun kitty! I do not understand people who won't allow their cats to go outside. Maybe I'm being silly, but I feel like folks who keep their cats in - while they are technically "safe", they are missing out on so much fun in the big outside world! Our cat cannot wait till we get home so he can run free again :)

    ReplyDelete