Thursday, April 10, 2014

for behold the winter is past.....

JOY TO THE WORLD.....

Oops, forgive me, I'm in the wrong season. It is Spring time! How do I know? Well let me count the ways. 

That smell.

Distinct.

Not so pleasant.

Manure. 

Wafting its way into our little cottage. 

I smelled it immediately when I turned on to our road this afternoon, and even more as I pulled into our driveway and there it was lingering in our garage. 

I don't care. 

I love Spring and everything that goes with it. I am sitting here at our dining room table with the french door open wide, I feel the gusty wind now and then, the sun is perched on my shoulder, peering at my words on my laptop. All is so well in my world this moment. 

The farmers are in their fields plowing, another very sure sign that Spring has sprung. On my lunch break today I watched two teams of horses in a field laboring up and down the field turning the dead winter grass into straight coils of brown goodness. 

The field is nearly finished. 



There is nothing like newness of life to make folks smile more and to have a spring in their steps. I find folks a lot happier when I'm out and about. The drab and the dreary making its way into our past and the sunshine and all it holds in our present and future. 

I notice that the grasses are turning greener each day as I look out over the landscape. I know that in only a few short weeks, barring any kind of natural disaster, our landscape will have a nice emerald green carpet all over the ground and atop the carpet will be nice colors of other shades of greens and browns and flower colors and the sky will have a clear blue above our heads and the only thing left for me to do is be in awe of the beauty that has been provided for my pleasure. The only thing left for me to do is to stop and smell those roses, to pause and listen to the music of the crickets and the birds and maybe a cat fight off in the distance. (I mention the cat fights only because they are something very natural in my part of the world.

How are you enjoying this Spring? Are you stopping and observing its beauty? Are you taking in the wonder of the newness of life? I only wish I had more time in my day to take in more of God's wondrous world. 

In light of the topic for this blog I've been looking at Bible verses about Spring or that can relate to springtime. I found these beautiful verses that say it just like it is in my heart tonight. 

Song of Solomon 2: 11,12

For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.

Beautiful Bible verses and so fitting! 


I'm so glad you are here. I don't know what brought you here, my only "goal" is to make friends and to have fun with my blog and hopefully, possibly, inspire others to stop and smell the roses in their lives. God provides us each with special bits of beauty all around us. It is here for us to enjoy and behold in many ways. He has special things planned just for you....and me. 

If you are new to my blog and would like to stay connected, I invite you to skip over to my Facebook page and "like" it so you will get all my updates. I post extra pictures and words over there as I can. I love to hear from my readers, it is what keeps me inspired on some level and also encouraged. Sometimes...writers live in a lonely world. I love interaction. Also, if you know of anyone who would enjoy my ramblings and pictures, I invite you to share my blog with them. 

Love and Blessings to all! 

My Facebook page is:  

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what awesome verses! I'll be sharing those for sure & for certain. I'm with you on spring. Love seeing everything coming back to life. God's handiwork never cease to amaze me. Great blog, Lue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dali, God provides words and hope for each occasion, doesn't he? I just loved these when I read them. Thank you for being here sweet friend.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy reading your writings. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edith, Awe, thank you for saying that. Means a lot. You encourage me in return. God is so good.

      Delete