Friday, March 21, 2014

i found some signs of spring

Springtime is upon us.
 
The date on the calendar said so yesterday.
 
I went out to find spring yesterday and the following is what I found.
 
 
Two teams of horses. Two menfolk. Plowing the field.
 
 
If you click on this picture you will see more of the tree in the background.
 
I love the tree.
 
I love the farmer and plow and team of horses.
 
I love, love the two farm dogs sniffing in the dirt. I bet their noses are overdosing right now.
 
 
As I continued up the road I found this cabin and lake.
 
When I got home and pulled up this picture I noticed the barbed wire fence.
 
I love the barbed wire fence.
 
I was told by my coworker that this scene is awesome in the summer time. I can see that. I will return this summer for an updated picture of the cabin and lake.
 
 
This is what I saw when I drove in our driveway last night. Rays of sunlight streaming down through the clouds. I tried a few different shots. I like this one, how the ray of sunlight seems to come down and mingle with the tree tops.
 
Did you find signs of Spring yesterday, other than a date on your calendar?
 
I'm ready for spring to be here, for warmth to envelope us and for my shoes to be tucked into the closet and for sandals, flip flops and bare feet be revealed.
 
My favorite way to be is - barefoot. Nothing feels more free-er than to be barefoot. I'm still a little Amish girl in my heart and in my feet. wink wink
 
Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see farmers plow fields , yesterday I seen 8 horses in a plow, wasn't fast enough to snap a picture, something you don't see very often

    ReplyDelete