Wednesday, February 12, 2014

the beauty that surrounds me

Did you see it this morning? 

It was an absolutely magical morning. 

It was such a morning that it almost stopped me in my tracks. I backed my car out of the garage and there it was in all its splendor, the world that we live in. The first thing I noticed was our fence, it looked like an intricate art display of crystal fencing running around our property. I didn't have time to run and get my camera, but every minute longer that I was outdoors I could have kicked myself for not bringing my camera with me. I lingered just for a moment, looking all around up here on our hill. The horizon was just spectacular, the woods over to the east was glorious, all the trees looked like crystal and the sun was shining so brightly through the forest and it made every icy spot just glimmer and glisten. 

On my way to my 8-5 I was driving slow as I could take in all the wonder, every fence, every shrub, every tree, they were all covered in ice and the sun caused it all to look rich and glorious. I hope those of you who live around these parts got to see it. 

All day long I thought of my magical morning drive to work, the magnificence of God's beauty he created for us to see, appreciate and enjoy. How sometimes he makes it more beautiful for us than other times. He allows the rain, the ugly to come, but then he also allows for beauty to surround us and give us hope and encouragement and just be refreshed. 

When I arrived home tonight I quickly made my way into the house to grab my camera and a warm pair of boats and I set out to capture some of the beauty around our home. The neighbor's horses were outside and so I shot a bunch of pictures of them in the snow. The evening was so pretty, not in the same way as this morning, but still absolutely beautiful and glorious. I found a few shots I would like to share with you tonight. I hope you enjoy God's beautiful creations as much as I do. 



I first stopped by the barn to feed the cats. We have three, and then there is the neighbor's old tomcat who likes to sleep under our heat lamp. There he is, he is very shy of me, but I keep getting closer and closer to him. I call him "Tommy". He is pretty old and beat up, but I like that he likes it in our barn and I like that our three cats accept him under the warm lamp light in the dead of winter. 



I like this picture because of all I see in it, way in the back is a faraway farm and a tree line, closer you see a neighbor's barn, the corn shocks, the fence, the snow, the horse, tracks in the snow. Lots of stuff going on here. 



This is our Amish neighbor's freezer shanty. They tucked in right beside our property. Originally they were going to park it on our property but then they figured they could put it on their own property and are hoping it doesn't cause issues in their church. The electricians and the electric company are used to this kind of thing, and can set them up with no hassles. We don't even need to collect money because the electric company placed a meter there for the Amish to pay on their own. I think at least four families have their freezers in this shanty and I see them trekking to it all hours of the day and evening.



Our Amish neighbor's horse. 



The more I look at these two, the more I like this picture. Their manes look mussed, like they have been running around all day or something. I love the old pine tree behind them. 




Not really a favorite picture, but lots of horses. 



They were really noticing me. 



Love.



Love, love.




Awe, look how precious. 

My favorite. 

Look at the sun filtering all the way around the young horse's coat. 


I found icicles hanging on the shrubbery.





A blanket of snow. Kitty cat tracks all the way around the shrub.


The moon was already out. 


Amish buggy going past our property. 

Can you hear the clop clop of the horse's shoes? 


This morning this fence looked magical, tonight it looks like home. 


Our barn, covered in show and basking in the glow of the sun. 


Ace, my black and white cat. Sitting on the fence. 


Alley Cat, all big and majestic looking sitting on the fence post. 

Unbeknownst to Alley Cat, he is a sign from God that I am cared for and loved.  

I talked about cats on fence posts and what it means to me here; introducing myself. It is way at the bottom of that post.

When I pause and think about all the blessings in my life, when I open my eyes and see God's creation, his nature, his beauty in so many forms and ways, I'm overcome with his love for me. 

God help me to see your beauty and wonder in everything. Help me to not sweat the small stuff, and care only about what matters to you. You show me over and over again that you care for me, even yet tonight you provided me with another cat on a fence post. How blessed I am to be your daughter and to know you love me beyond measure. I praise you and love you. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. I love how you "see" things. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete