Sunday, January 19, 2014

sunday evening sunset

After another day of holing up indoors, I was in my kitchen late this afternoon getting ready to cook up another pot of chicken noodle soup when I happened to look out my kitchen window and I very quickly changed my course and dressed up warmly, grabbed my camera, slipped into some warm footwear and was off to capture the magnificence of God's artwork.  


This was taken at a distance. Just breathtaking. How could it be that I live somewhere with such a spectacular view? I cherish our view more than almost anything else here at our little cottage on the hill. 


Playing with the camera, I pulled it in just a little bit more and the colors and shapes left me in awe. Again I ask, how is it that I get to have these spectacular views from my kitchen sink? 


And once more, I pulled it in even more, the colors are different, the shapes more profound, all exclaiming, "The God of the universe created me, this is his handiwork." 


This is the view from the northeast side of our property tonight, and you will see the sun kissing the tops of the trees. How awesome is that? 


I saw the sun kissing the neighbor's barn as well, so I snapped a shot of it as well. 



After I shot the sunset I fed my cats. I took this picture through the window in the barn, you will see two cats and a straw nest, and a ray of light. The light comes from a heating lamp that is on during the coldest months of the year much to my husband's dismay, but our three cats and the neighbors old tom cat all really love the heat lamp, so my kindness to the cat world negates my husband's theory that the cats would actually survive without the heat. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing the cats are nice and toasty in the dead of winter. 


If you look closely you will see a white line going from the sidewalk to the barn. That is a little path the cats walk coming to and from the barn. Over the years I watched them and they rarely step outside the line when they are going back and forth from the house and barn. Now, if they want to go to the field, or the driveway they, of course, go a different path, but this one is the most well worn. I like that. When you stop to observe the animals you learn so much about their habits. 


This is my most photogenic cat. Alley Cat somehow decided to "sit" in one of the shrubs by the barn when I was outside with my camera recently. I absolutely love this picture. I think I had posted it on Facebook recently, but I really just wanted to share it again.

Did you see or experience anything today that made you pause and see God's glory in it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment