Saturday, May 10, 2014

my week in review

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so. Genesis 1: 29,30

When I am out driving from point A to point B I can't help but be aware of my creator and all the things he has created in this world. 

He made it all. 

This week when I was out and about I found a few things that I wanted to capture. In the next picture I stepped outside my car in this wooded area and I walked up and down the road just marveling at the rustic splendor. One mini van and one dump truck found me, otherwise it was just me and nature for that moment. God speaks to me of his love for me through his nature. After a long, hard winter I am finding joy in the calm and beauty of Spring with Summer pounding down the pavement fast on Spring's heels.  I find myself reluctant to let this season end. I want the newness of life to remain for awhile, it feels like if I give in to Summer; Fall and the dreaded Winter will soon be back and I'm just not ready for another snow. 

Not just yet. 

Show & Tell time. 


How peaceful this was in the middle of a crazy day! If it hadn't been so muddy I would have trekked inside the woods and would have looked for some mushrooms. It was too muddy and I had other things to get back to. 


One of the things that always catch my eye is a tree's root system. Here is a great one sitting beside a small creek. it reminded me of another root system that I really enjoyed looking at last winter. 


Click on the picture to enlarge it and you will see this tree's root system snaking all over the place. I thought it was kind of cool. 




A Suspicious Beagle


Me: "Hey, nice Beagle, how are ya today?" 

Beagle doesn't respond, just stands there and watches me. 

Me: "Do you mind if I take your picture?" 

Silence


But then Beagle says, "You better scram, or else!"

Me: "Or else what?" 


Beagle: "Or else I'm gonna tell the whole wide world you are here. Arrrwoowoo Arrrwoowoo!" 

Me: "Don't you think you are over-reacting just a bit?"

Beagle: "Arrrrwoowoo Arrrrwoowoo!!"

At this point all I can do is snap pictures because there was no reasoning with Beagle, she was going to let the whole wide world know I was there no matter what.


Beagle: "I'm saying, you better be careful wid me, I'm the best watchdog in these parts and I can rip you from limb to limb." 


Beagle: "You said treats? I kinda like treats, what kind do you have in that bag? I like bacon flavored the best." 


Beagle: "Hey, whaddaya mean, you have to leave already? I thought we were friendly now that we dined with each other.....come back another day....next time bring a lady a nice juicy bone...or a rabbit would do." 

Good bye Over-reactor Beagle!



I came across this pond. It reminded me of those infinity pools the rich and famous folks have in their backyards. This one is an infinity pool Amish Country style. It was absolutely beautiful here. I wanted to grab a fishing pole and sit a spell and I'm am not a person that enjoys fishing at all. Besides watching a game of anything, fishing would be the second most boring thing I could ever do. I am not a sports enthusiast if you don't know me. Just doesn't make me tick. 


The chubbiest ground hog went gliding into this hole under the tree. She was so cute and pudgy, I so badly wanted her picture but she wasn't in the mood to pose for me. I contemplated throwing her some of my celery in hopes she would smell it and it would coax her out of her hideout. I figured it wouldn't work so I saved the celery for myself. 


Horses grazing on a glorious green carpet. The sunshine is what I notice mostly, after coming away from months of very little sunshine I've still not soaked in enough of the sun to make my heart forget the gloomy days of winter past. 


Gardening with love. These folks have a whole story to tell in their yard. I may have to go back and request a tour. It was just beautiful and I can only imagine that the beauty will increase as the garden starts to grow.  


Someone put this flowerbed at the end of their property. Loved the tulips and the color they added to this bed. Pretty, pretty! 



I found this old gas well sitting beside the road and I loved the setting around it. The lavender flowers, the green grasses, the trees. All so beautiful.


I held my breath for a moment looking at this scene. 

So pretty in real life. I wish I could have had you with me to witness this.


I found some friendly goats roadside.



They were itchy, so they scratched that itch by rubbing against the fence. 

Cuteness.Inc! 


And last but not least, "Beagle" reminded me of this fellow so I searched my camera for him so I could add him to this discussion. This winter when we were out and about one Sunday we came upon this scene. In the heart of Amish Country there resides a water hook up. I don't think I've ever seen one like this out on a country road, so that was kind of cool, but then to find a dawg near it...well, all the fire hydrant/dog jokes ever told came to mind. Mr. Wonderful and I had to laugh as I crawled out of the car to snap a few pictures. It would only have been more perfect if dawg would have peed on the hydrant so I could gotten that picture. 

This week has been a week of me learning and exploring social media. Instagram, Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook. My head is spinning. They are all wonderful vehicles to get your message out and to interact with folks, but my goodness gravy, I am completely overwhelmed right now. When I get overwhelmed I let things sit for a spell and come back to them. I'm doing just that today. I want to clean the garage and my car and then I'm going to go on another adventure. Not quite the same as my adventure last week, if you missed it you can find it here. It was one of the best days in my recent history. 

Other thoughts for today:

I'm so glad my favorite cooking show has a few new episodes; one of which is supposed to air today. I love Ree....she is so genuine. When I grow up I want to be like her. 

At the moment I am kind of hooked on this song. I can apply the words to various parts of my life and just kind of know what the girl in the song is about. When I was younger this song could have been written about me, I think. Enjoy ya'all! 

And the cherry on top of my sundae this week was someone who is from my past private messaged me to let me know they had found me. After a bit of conversation this person then told me they remembered me as a child looking sad and depressed and that as they looked at my profile picture today they found that my eyes now looked like I was at peace.

The eyes are the windows to the soul, and I am so happy this person was able to see that peace in my eyes because it is what I feel for sure, for sure.  Praise God! 

1 comment:

  1. I got to know you better on a personal level this week and appreciated you buying dinner for me. You have a great soul.

    ReplyDelete