Monday, May 26, 2014

Freedom and Sacrifice - Some Gave All

Memorial Day

A day to remember and reflect and be thankful. 

Thankful to God for the freedoms we still have. 

Thankful to the ones upon whose shoulders we stand as they fought and died for those freedoms. 

Growing up Amish and coming from a long line of conscientious objectors I don't think that I fully realize the sacrifice it has taken over the years to keep our freedoms intact, but as I age and I rub shoulders with those who have served or who have children serving; I have come to understand more deeply the sacrifice. 

I don't have many words today, except to say a hearty Thank you to all the veterans and all those still serving today. You are the pride of our country, our backbone and why I get to come from a long line of conscientious objectors. The protection and freedoms you have provided and are still providing today for our country are immeasurable. 



Click on my Facebook page and "like" to receive updates. 




No comments:

Post a Comment