Monday, April 28, 2014

ever notice.....

...those barns and houses, white in color with the candy apple metal roof over their head?  It reminds me of some of those celebrity types who have the pale, pale skin and makeup and the bright red lips. 

Kinda like ketchup on a ghost. 

....when you see someone being unkind to another person or animal, is when it brings out the unkind in you? You get those unkind feelings toward the unkind person you've just been observing. 

I hate that. 

...for the creative type you think of your best ideas when you are some place inconvenient, like driving a car, or taking a shower. I've lost tons of great lines and ideas because I was not able to write them down right away, thinking I would remember for later. 

Later. Never. Happens.

...when you get acrylic nails that your nail beds are no longer the same after you take the acrylics off. Punishment for vanity? And I was told it would happen before I had them done.

But I loved them while I had them! 

Kind of like sin...fun while you do it, but regret later on. 

....when you make up your mind to begin a new habit, let's say, walking for 30 minutes every evening and then it rains, and rains, and rains that first night.  

I know it isn't raining because I decided to walk 30 minutes beginning tonight, but still, it makes me feel like my plans have been sabotaged before they began.

....those folks out on social media making vague and/or sometimes very blatant statements, and you know they are really calling out someone specifically and especially the Christian folks seem to be so hard on their fellow Christians. 

I wonder why that is? 

On that same note, I've often wondered what a person would sound like if the only words in that person's life were the words they put out on social media.

My mind goes too far some days, I acknowledge that. But I still wonder. 

 No "Pollyanna" tonight. Just sitting here with a somewhat restless heart, mulling over many things. My heart feels heavy tonight for a person near to me who is in the throes of some really hard stuff. I have no idea how to help this person, so the only thing I know to do is to pray. 

I wonder, do other folks get that restless feeling deep inside their souls, or is it just me?

Would you like to connect with me further? Here is my Facebook link

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful reflections. Thanks for sharing. And OH BOY! You hit the nail right on the head with what happened to me tonight on FB!!!.
    A relative posted a quote that upset me. It said something about having the right to walk away from toxic relationships and it being okay to stay angry, be selfish, and unforgiving, in order to be good to yourself. I disagreed and should have just let it go, because I sensed it was directed to specific people - a way to indirectly speak one's mind... I guess. BUT of course, I didn't heed my inner cautionary voice. Dumb decision. I posted a comment in reply about the 'unforgiving' part. I said that not forgiving can be toxic to us, and to let go and let God, even though it is easier said than done. She posted back and did not agree with my thoughts on that. I really didn't say exactly what I wanted to say, since a public forum didn't seem the place for such a topic. So, I deleted both mine and her comments. She re-posted her reply to me. I am still revved up from it. So I sent her a private message. I hate misunderstandings.
    I do hope the person near to you will soon be in a better situation. And I hope you are able to get a good night's sleep.
    Now I'm off to bed to finish reading a really sweet Amish novel I am enjoying. Books are my escape and relaxing tonic.:)

    ReplyDelete