Tuesday, March 11, 2014

technical issues, roasted garlic and "before and after"


Technical Issues

I am missing blogging. I think it has been a solid week since I've posted anything. insert unhappy face here.

For the past several weeks my laptop has been hissing and spitting at me, throwing temper tantrums when I am trying to type. It shuts down when it wants to and the keys have always stuck and it is always a chore to type up anything on the old relic and at this point it has basically "won".

I've called in the Calvary. They are stopping by the house on Thursday evening to see what "they" can do. Really, "The Calvary", is just one person, a very kind young man who is always ready to help me when I have technical issues. If he tells me the laptop is kaput, I will gladly throw it down on the floor and stomp on it, because it really has caused me so much conflict in the past months.

In the meantime, my sister comes to my rescue. She is off on a nice long, sunny vacation and offered her laptop to me while she is gone. What a blessing she is! I hope she gets to soak in a lot of sunshine while she is gone. And her laptop actually works so maybe I will actually get to type up some posts for my blog again.


Gluten free and Roasted Garlic

Mr. Wonderful and I are trying to eat gluten free. We had tried it several years ago with great results and now that my husband has health issues, we are trying the whole gluten free thing again, hoping that it will enhance both of our health. Tonight I made baked pork cutlets, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and I sautéed bell peppers, onions and button mushrooms together and that was it.

I have this taste for roasted garlic lately and now that I know how to make it, I get more hungry for it and find more ways to use it.  

Before and After

Have you ever noticed those pictures of folks who are "losing weight" and they have the before and after pictures side by side? You know the ones, in the "before" picture the lady is wearing a frown face, her gut is pushed out and down to her knees and her back is sagging, her clothes are frumpy and she is the most pathetic picture ever. The "after" picture shows a completely different story. It is now 10-14 days later and oh my goodness! The transformation is amazing! This picture shows the lady wearing a sexy smile, her hair is neat and fresh looking, her clothes are new and trendy and her gut is sucked in and showing a six pack, her back is actually straight! The difference is plain to see!

The good news?

I can have the same look in the same span of time for a big chunk of my paycheck and a ton of exercise.

I am not swayed by those pictures and claims at all because I don't believe them. I notice that many of these "before and after" pictures are taken at different angles and light. And you can do a lot by sucking in your gut. 
 
Does anyone else notice these marketing tactics or is it just me???

And a side note, I've never had the urge to make kissy, duck lips, take a selfie and post it on Facebook either!

kiss! kiss!

Signing off

I have a real treat coming up soon. I've been working on that post for several days now, but the cantankerous computer "won" and so I'm not finished with it yet. Excited to hit the publish button on that post very soon! I have to run, my eyelids are closing up on me.
 
Good night all!



No comments:

Post a Comment