Tuesday, February 18, 2014

02-18-2014

Mr. Wonderful called me this morning and asked me not to go in to my 8-5. When he left for work this morning he nearly didn't make it out our driveway and when he looked in his "crystal ball of common sense" he could predict that he would be coming home to rescue me and my car out of a snow drift if he didn't ask me to stay put. 

We are blessed to not live right on top of a road, we have a little country lane off of the road, and it is placed in just the right direction for snow to drift over it if the wind blows just right and there is a certain amount of accumulation on the ground. 

So, after clearing it with the fellow in charge at my 8-5 I set off to do some things around our little cottage. First things first, a load of laundry was started and a nice recipe of banana nut muffins were baked, I cleaned up the kitchen, placed another load of laundry in the washer and was like...so satisfied. The humming of the dishwasher, washer and dryer are whirring in tune with each other and it isn't quite 8 o'clock in the morning! My, my, what one can accomplish when they have some time at home! 

Housewives, I totally envy your right now. 

A new bucket list item. I want to go here and experience this almost Pied Piper experience. How magical this looks to me. 

I just love animals. 

I can't help myself. 

Have you ever watched someone around you strive and wrestle with why things aren't going how they want them to? Some folks talk and dream about their dreams all day long and I was one of those folks for a long while, but I found that if I live just for today, do what is needed today, and I live in God's will for that day, is when I am most content and happy. A long, long time ago I was in a group of people and this one lady stood out to me, she wanted to preach, with all her heart and soul and liver and kidneys and the souls of her feet..you know the kind....she was struggling so hard because folks didn't take her serious. But what she missed was that her dream was so much bigger than her reality. I wished she could see that maybe God's will for her life was not what her dreams were. If she could have just seen that she has a ministry every day, right where she is, maybe if she could have understood that her dream might not be God's will for her to do today, and if she could have lived right there in the day, in the moment, and be an inspiration, she could have likely made more of a difference in other's lives than to strive and worry and concern herself and become depressed and in angst all day long. How this lady seemed to toil. Toiling and becoming depressed about what we cannot change or make happen does not lead us into contentment.  Lysa TerKeurst is an inspiration to me. She had a wonderful thought on Facebook last night. 

"Here's an encouraging word for someone tonight - don’t think you’re not doing what God called you to do just because things don’t seem as glamorous as you thought they would be. If you are a woman who honors God right where you are, you are in ministry. Keep being obedient, keep looking for the next open door of opportunity, and above all else hold closely to our Lord."

Amen!

Since I never get to take a nap during a weekday, I think I will go take a nap before tackling some things on my desk. 

Ah, the luxury to be able to do so! 

Live this day in God's will and give your dreams and yourself a little bit of a rest today. Be blessed all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment