Monday, December 9, 2013

i want to be like her

"I am the Lord's servant, may your word to me be fulfilled." Words spoken by Jesus' mother, Mary. 


Luke 1:38  


Tis' the season to celebrate the birth of our Savior. As I read over that Bible verse this morning I began to reflect more on Mary, the conviction she must have felt to be able to utter those words must have been deeply rooted. When I think back over what I know of Mary's life, she was one of the most selfless mothers known to man. If you think about her being a witness at her son's crucifixion, the strength and resolve it would have had to take to remain there and witness the event. But, knowing that as a young girl she was already resolved to do God's will, (per Luke 1:38) allows one to grasp how she might have been able to witness the crucifixion, because she knew and trusted that the God she served had a plan. 


Do I trust God like Mary did with all the things I hold dear? My family, my reputation, my dreams, my goals? 


Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, any servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. John 12:26


Mary Did You Know?


Lue

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog. Sounds interesting and love the scripture. Blessings, BJ

    ReplyDelete