Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Day in Pictures and Exhausted Batteries

This morning I shot a few photos at my parent's home while waiting on my great aunt to get ready to go to church.

I just love the morning.

I'm a morning person. Nobody can steal my happiness in the morning.



Mom and Dad's buggy horse

and their pond and dock.


View north of their property.  

I am in love with this picture.

I might frame it.


They've started a pile of leaves. Great source for mulching the garden with, next gardening season.


Another view of their pond. There is a blue birdhouse in the shot. I'm not sure what kind of bird they are providing this apartment for.

I'm not into birds. I generally don't ask about bird things.
I should, though, then I would know.


Horse. He kept walking further away from me, but would pause and look back at me.

If he could speak English, I think he would've asked me what I was doing.


A field of corn shocks.


One corn shock, up close and personal.

Corn shocks with their shadows.


This little flock of turkeys looked all scared and a little bit like they wanted to ask me where to go. Some nice person went in that driveway, I assume to see if they can find an owner for the turkeys. I shoulda done that, however, I saw a photo op.

I was thinking, I could make a Thanksgiving joke here, but they were a little bit frightened, so I won't joke about them.


I followed this buggy down a route this afternoon when I went back to my great aunt's church to pick her up and take her home.


We went home via the "long way".

More of the "long way home".


After I dropped my great aunt off at home I found these fellows grazing so I stopped off and shot a few pictures of them.


The one fellow noticed me.


Signs of fall. Leaves are dying off. This is a plant on our property.


View from our property. I like the corn shocks.
See the farm in the background?


There is the same farm, much closer. It is about two miles from our property as the crow flies. I like the corn shock there in the middle of the picture. He knows his place. :)

Are corn shocks male or female? I'm not sure, I will continue to call them "he" until I learn differently.


Our neighbor's horses graze in our pasture some days. This is the colt who was born this year. I just asked my husband, we are not sure if the colt is a stud or a filly. It is cute anyway.


One more view off of our property. We have neighbors all around us...but fields separate most of us. I like to have neighbors with fields separating us. There is that feeling of community, but privacy too. We live on three acres of land and we love our little home...so. much.

The camera gave me a message after this picture.

Batteries Exhausted.

Yep, that is what it said.

So, no more pictures until next time.

That rechargeable battery pack I invested in will come in handy, I can't be walking around with exhausted batteries.

See you till next time!

Lue





No comments:

Post a Comment