Sunday, April 21, 2013

Amish Country Sunday Morning

Good afternoon friendly friends!
 
This morning I took my great aunt to church. She is having communion services at her church today and she wanted to be there "on time". We got there the same time everyone else seemed to get there. It was a little bit of congestion in the driveway with my car and about 20 horses and buggies. I bumped my car on a rock sitting beside the driveway. Yikes! It was a tight, tight squeeze.
 
On my way home I dilly-dallied just a bit and took some pictures of the wonderful scenes along the byways of Amish Country. Here are a few that I took. Enjoy!
 
One of the many horse and buggies I passed on my way home. I would've liked to get a shot from the front, but it just didn't happen.
 
It isn't easy taking pictures when you are actually driving the car.
 
Is that a wise proverb by some ancient philospher?

 
Friendly Cows. They were curious about me. We could of been friends.



Road work makes the countryside look ugly, but there WAS a horse and buggy coming from the front so I got the best shot I was able to get without offending the occupants of the buggy. 

 
Sheep grazing. She sun was in the wrong direction for my camera to get a great shot.

 
More cows and calves.

 
Another horse and buggy trotting down the road.

 
More sheep in not the best light for the camera.

 
More calves.

 
Ding, Ding, Ding...you have the correct answer...ANOTHER horse and buggy.

 
More friendly/nosy girls.

 
In a few hours I have to go pick up my great aunt at church. She makes her home with my parents and is 96 years young. If she isn't too tired out from an all day church function I want to go sight-seeing with her a little bit, and maybe we will find a spot to park the car and eat an ice cream cone and I will ask her questions about her sister, my grandmother, whom I miss so much.
 
Things I am thankful for this day:
 
Beautiful, sunny, day.
 
Wonderful church service.
 
Very thought-provoking Sunday School hour.
 
A nice, comfortable bed to take a Sunday afternoon nap in.
 
Okay, I'm off to take that nap I'm thankful for.
 
Blessings to you!
 
Lue
 


No comments:

Post a Comment